top of page

Q13 - Anxiety from Work-Related Stress

Question:  An employee suffers from stress due to hostile treatment from coworkers and provides an opinion by a qualified healthcare professional (psychiatrist) stating the employee is suffering from a work-related anxiety disorder. Is it recordable?

Answer: YES, it is recordable if the employee received treatment, therapy or is issued a prescription and the employee voluntarily provides the employer with an opinion from a physician or other licensed health care professional with appropriate training and experience (psychiatrist, psychologist, psychiatric nurse practitioner, etc.) stating that the employee has a mental illness that is work-related. 1904.5(b)(2)(ix)

#RedBeard #osha #osharecordkeeping #safety #occupationalsafety #recordkeeping

bottom of page